About Our School
Spangdahlem MS Mission
Educate, Engage, and Empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world.
SPMS complies with guidelines governing DoDEA schools and aims to keep parents, students, stakeholders, and the school community informed of such specific rules, regulations, and procedures.
Spangdahlem MS Vision
Spangdahlem Middle School will be a high performing school that empowers students to achieve excellence. We will promote 21st century skills, cultivate personal growth, and inspire life-long learning through collaborative relationships among all stakeholders.
Spangdahlem Middle School opened in 1990, with a bit more than 500 students, 40 teachers and support staff. The playground was added a few years later. The original building served the community for 30 years.
In January 2020 Spangdahlem Middle School moved into our 21st Century building.
Our school colors and mascot were decided by the students. One 8th grade student was a big fan of the Georgia Bulldogs, and with his influence, we became the Spangdahlem Bulldogs with our school colors of red and black.
Points of Pride
• In 2019, team “No Name” from Spangdahlem Middle School placed ninth overall in the DoDEA-E FLL Robotics European Championship. A total of 174 teams from 36 schools across 7 countries competed.
• In January 2020, the new Spangdahlem Middle and High School opened. Students, faculty, and staff transitioned quickly to the new building, with the support of volunteers, family members, and 52d Fighter Wing staff. Our new 21st Century learning facility is a model of the future of learning for DoDEA and worldwide.
• SY20-21: 8th grade pilot program for Air Force JROTC, in coordination with Spangdahlem High School, for high school credit.
• In 2018, Spangdahlem Middle School was the only DoDEA School to receive the designation of “Green Ribbon School” awarded by the U.S. Department of Education. SpMS was honored for its innovative efforts to reduce environmental impact and utility costs, improve health and wellness, and ensure effective sustainability education.
• The Spangdahlem community takes part bi-annually in Spangdahlem MS’s student led interactive STEM night. STEM night is held in the fall and spring, and incorporates our military community with active participation from Saber Nation.
• In 2019, our 8th grade students surpassed their peers with district and nationwide scores on PSAT.